This site supports the East County Trails Preservation Group
- It serves as a resource for information, events and contacts related
to the effort to establish a TrailsMap for San Diego County's - East County.
- Collect and identify existing and historic trails
- Sustain the goal of creating and maintaining a TrailsMap.
- Support the general effort of the Lakeside citizens to maintain
its rural horse-town atmosphere
Note that during high traffic periods these bulletin boards can be slow
and hang, if you don't pick it up right away please try again later.
If you are afraid of making a mistake or saying the wrong thing or just
changing your mind, fear not, we can remove any posting you make,
just e-mail us at
also don't worry about how often or how many folks see your mistake,
its a lot fewer than the claims are, besides you can always remain
anomynous in your posting.
A bulletin board where anyone can post relevent comments.
County Policies and Ordinances regarding trails
- Trails Strategic Plan
These linked pages are part of a Trails presentation
to go before the San Diego County Board of
Supervisors on September 13, 2000.
- Ordinance 9233: An ordinance adding division 12, chapter 1 to title 8 of
the San Diego County Code of Regulatory Ordinances relating to defence and indemnification for
trail easements. 7/12/00 (14) m.e.
- I-116 Policy Establishing Criteria for the Development and Operation of a Regional and Community Plan Non-Motorized Trails and
- I-4 Acquisition of Land with Federal Assistance Under the Open Space Program
Featured Articles & Issues:
Featured articles and issues are posted here.
Parks and Projects
Issues and Action Groups
Local Community Links
Informative and Educational
Related River Park Book Marks this is a selection of
the many nation wide "river park" struggles available on-line.
They are presented
here to inspire and to learn from lessons learned by others.
- Trail Maps: a complete set can be ordered from the county for $5.00 (check to: County of San Diego)
Department of Public Works
Attn: County Trails Coordinator
5555 Overland Ave, Building 2 MS 0336
San Diego, CA 92123-1295
For more information call 858-694-3215
- Lakeside Community Plan Text:
www.lcpg.net/plantxt.htm The official text of this can be
purchased at the County Planning Office on Ruffin, just south of the
intersection with Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
- Help us Save the San Diego River in Lakeside [by: Lakeside a River Runs Through It] http://lakesidetrails.tripod.com/saveriver.html
San Diego River Park in Lakeside Petition: http://lakesidetrails.tripod.com/riverpetition.html
- East County Community Newspapers, Inc [The East County Californian]
Editor's phone: 619-445-3288, fax: 619-448-4422
Opinion mail: P.O.Box 1089, Alpine, CA 91903
Commentaries need to include signature and phone number
- Lakeside Gazette
P.O.Box 2185, Alpine, CA 91903
Commentaries need to include address, signature and phone number
- Old Site with News links
- Site Administration: This site is maintained by steve coblentz at
Feel free to e-mail links, ideas, questions, corrections or comments.
- January 15th 2002 updated bulletin board, moved archives (links lost anyway), tried to simplify
- August 30th 2000 add Trails Documentation links for reference and to speed access to relevent documents
- July 31st 2000 organize the Hood
- July 27th 2000 revise jump point to help with page navigation
- June 26th 2000 add the listbot listserver - scrapped July 27th
- March 31st 2000 site work begins