Here is a brief description of the process for applying for the Lakeside Community Planning group based my experience yesterday:
- Appear in person at the Registrar of Voters (ROV)
5201 Ruffin Road
Half a mile west from where Clairemont Mesa Blvd and Hwy 15 cross.
- Sign in at the counter
- Fill out a Candidate Filing Recipt
- Work through several forms with an ROV representative
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Code of fair campaign practices
- Statement of qualifications form
required only if you want a brief description of yourself on the voter pamphlet (if you want this it cost $260)
- Form 470
Just a signature here if you are to spend less than $1000 on your campaign, or solicit funds
More details required if you plan otherwise
- Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest
Just a signature here if you have no economic interest
A long form if you do have economic interest (several pages)
Be advised that it will be VERY crowded Friday August 11th, your last
day for the ROV to receive your form (by 5pm). Don't wait until the
last day to apply!
Oh yeh, vote for Steve Coblentz for the Lakeside Community Planning, November 7th!
(if you aren't already registered then register to vote by October 10th)