Lakeside's November 2nd, 2004 Elections
This site supports the East County Trails Preservation Group
- It serves as a resource for information, events and contacts related
to the effort to establish a TrailsMap for San Diego County's - East County.
- Collect and identify existing and historic trails
- Sustain the goal of creating and maintaining a TrailsMap.
- Support the general effort of the Lakeside citizens to maintain
its rural "horse-town" atmosphere
Parks and Projects
Issues and Action Groups
Local Community Links
County Policies and Ordinances regarding trails
- Trails Strategic Plan
These linked pages are part of a Trails presentation
to go before the San Diego County Board of
Supervisors on September 13, 2000.
- Ordinance 9233: An ordinance adding division 12, chapter 1 to title 8 of
the San Diego County Code of Regulatory Ordinances relating to defence and indemnification for
trail easements. 7/12/00 (14) m.e.
- I-116 Policy Establishing Criteria for the Development and Operation of a Regional and Community Plan Non-Motorized Trails and
- I-4 Acquisition of Land with Federal Assistance Under the Open Space Program
Featured Articles & Issues:
Featured articles and issues are posted here.
Related River Park Book Marks this is a selection of
the many nation wide "river park" struggles available on-line.
They are presented
here to inspire and to learn from lessons learned by others.
- Trail Maps: a complete set can be ordered from the county for $5.00 (check to: County of San Diego)
Department of Public Works
Attn: County Trails Coordinator
5555 Overland Ave, Building 2 MS 0336
San Diego, CA 92123-1295
For more information call 858-694-3215
- Lakeside Community Plan Text:
www.lcpg.net/plantxt.htm The official text of this can be
purchased at the County Planning Office on Ruffin, just south of the
intersection with Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
- East County Community Newspapers, Inc [The East County Californian]
Editor's phone: 619-445-3288, fax: 619-448-4422
Opinion mail: P.O.Box 1089, Alpine, CA 91903
Commentaries need to include signature and phone number
- Lakeside Gazette
P.O.Box 2185, Alpine, CA 91903
Commentaries need to include address, signature and phone number
- Old Site with News links
Informative and Educational
Local Business Links
- Site Administration: This site is maintained by steve coblentz at
Feel free to e-mail links, ideas, questions, corrections or comments.
- August 22, 2004 added businesses links
- November 7, 2002 added lakesideriverpark.org
- October 21st 2002 added Reader's outdoors link
- October 12th 2002 added Jamul Trails Council and Bonita Trails links
- October 7th 2002 added Granite Hills Equestrian Links
- October 7th 2002 added link to preservelakeside.org
- January 25th 2002 added a few more links.
- January 21st 2002 installed version using hostedscripts.com (gave up on internal message board for now)
- January 15th 2002 moved archives (links lost anyway), tried to simplify
- August 30th 2000 add Trails Documentation links for reference and to speed access to relevent documents
- July 31st 2000 organize the Hood
- July 27th 2000 revise jump point to help with page navigation
- June 26th 2000 add the listbot listserver - scrapped July 27th
- March 31st 2000 site work begins